Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

MES Solutions


A couple of weeks after an accident you get a piece of mail or a phone call informing you, not so nicely either, that you HAVE to schedule an appointment for an independent medical examination. In my case, no company name was left, only a telephone number. It is very intimidating. I did a little research on the phone number and came up with a company called MES Solutions. Here is their website https://secure.mesgroup.com/secure/index.aspx I did further research and came up with this site that talks about what they do http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/mes-solutions-c229691.html

Lucky for me that I had an attorney. I called and asked what I should do. I was told that if I should go I will most certainly be given a clean bill of health by one of their "doctors". Once I get that the insurance company will stop paying for any medical care regardless of what any other doctor has to say. If I did not go to the examination my insurance company could and probably will stop any further medical payments for refusal to go BUT I would not have any "doctor" saying that I am well which would be very hard to get around in a lawsuit no matter how bad the doctor is. Doesn't the average person believe what a doctor says? Who would question their integrity?

Many auto insurers use them. Decide for yourself if you want to submit to their "unbiased examination". I did not.

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment